1. Who is the Broad Foundation and Why Do We in Ann Arbor Care? (May 6, 2013)
In which I explain the association between then-superintendent Pat Green and the Broad Foundation.
2. The (financial) costs of (NWEA) testing in Ann Arbor (Sept. 22, 2013)
In which I discuss the hard costs, and soft costs, of NWEA testing--to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. Plus there are a lot of great links to other information about the NWEA test.
3. Principal Principles, Perspectives, and Publicity (Nov. 24, 2013)
|Sulura Jackson at Skyline High School graduation.|
Photo from a2schools.org.
Why did Cindy Leaman leave Pioneer High School for the new Ann Arbor Virtual Academy? Did Sulura Jackson, former principal of Skyline High School, plagiarize?
4. Superintendent Background Research: Richard Faidley (July 9, 2013)
I think this was the first profile I did for superintendent background research during the recent hiring of the AAPS Superintendent. Richard Faidley didn't make it to the next round.
5. State Board of Ed Roadshow Gives (A Lot of) Food for Thought (March 12, 2013)
Julie Roth wrote an excellent guest column for me using the perspective of a "non-teacher, non-educator, non-union Parent Stakeholder."
6. Ypsilanti Community Schools: Meditations on Employment (June 10, 2013)
|Willow Run Flyers logo (old)|
|Ypsilanti High School Phoenix logo (old)|
7. AAPS Superintendent Pat Green Resigns. What Do You Think Of That? (April 11, 2013)
When AAPS Superintendent Pat Green resigned, I did a survey. The links to the results are in this post.
8. Finalist for Superintendent Background Research: Brian Osborne (July 9, 2013)
Brian Osborne was offered the AAPS Superintendent position. He didn't take it, and we got runner-up Jeanice Swift. So far, she appears to have embraced the position.
9. Funny Common Core Video Raises Serious Questions (June 8, 2013)
I like this video so much (and I need some pictures in this post) that I'm putting it right in here!
10. Are You Following the NWEA MAP Controversy In Seattle? (Feb. 6, 2013)
In Seattle, teachers refused to administer the NWEA MAP test. Read more recent updates at the Scrap the Map web site.
Consider subscribing to Ann Arbor Schools Musings by Email!