Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

AAPS Superintendent Pat Green Resigns. What Do You Think Of That?

This evening the district sent out a letter from Pat Green, stating that she is retiring.

Here is Pat Green's letter.

The district also sent out a (very gracious) letter from AAPS Board Chair Deb Mexicotte about Pat Green's resignation.

Here is Deb Mexicotte's letter.

Ever since I read an article from Propublica about using embedded Google forms to, in their words, "help power your reporting," I've been wanting to try one.

I'm curious about what you think about Pat Green's resignation. Are you sorry to see her go? Happy? Indifferent? Take my short survey! [Update 4/14/2013, 7 p.m.: I have closed the survey.] I'll share the results.

[Update 4/14/2013: 11:55 p.m. Read the results here:

Part I: Did you have personal experiences with Pat Green? Based on those experiences, how did you feel about her? Can you give concrete examples?
Part II: Do you have any thoughts/ideas about why Pat Green is leaving?

Part III: Looking to the future, what qualities do you think are important for the next superintendent?

2 comments:

  1. Was this at all expected or is it a complete surprise??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, TeacherPatti, all I can say is that hindsight is perfect. In hindsight, I think there were some small signs. For instance, there have been several meetings where the board was critical of data/presentations that were brought forward.

    However, hindsight is perfect, as they say. I don't think too many people were predicting her leaving at this point.

    ReplyDelete

AddThis