Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

MLK Day and the 99%

When a people are mired in oppression, they realize deliverance only when they have accumulated the power to enforce change. The powerful never lose opportunities-they remain available to them. They powerless, on the other hand, never experience opportunity-it is always arriving at a later time.  (Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., June 11, 1967, emphasis added)
I came across these three interesting articles today--two of them from my twitter feed. (I love twitter for the interesting links that come my way.)

My Kids Are Too Good for Public School, and Other Messages I Wish Wealthy Parents Wouldn’t Telegraph

And yes, Governor Snyder does send his kids to private school. I'm so glad you asked!

Martin Luther King Jr. and Education Reform: What Would He Say About the Attack on Teacher Unions and Class Size?

(I'll give you three guesses. Nah, don't guess. Read the article.) 

Among the Wealthiest 1 Percent, Many Variations

 This is an interesting New York Times article about perspectives on taxation from the top 1%, and you might like the interactive sidebar where you can determine--based on your income--on "what percent" you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis