Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I Was on the Radio about our Petition Drive!

Tonight, I was on the radio! I was talking about our petition and the overtesting of students.

Read it here--it doesn't look like there is a "listen" option.

Sign the petition here.

I was also quoted in annarbor.com about the same issue!

I'm not sure I've ever been on the radio before--if so, it has been a long time. And I actually didn't even get to hear myself. I think I missed it when I ran in to pick up my son from a friend's house. Which maybe is just as well, I probably sounded dorky. (If you did hear it, tell me what you think.)

As I said to the radio reporter, "We don't need students spending time learning how to take standardized tests. We need them to spend time learning how to talk to radio reporters!" [Yes, he laughed.]

While we're on the subject of the radio, we have two local radio stations that I really appreciate for their focus on issues like this. Guess what? Both of them are having their pledge weeks this week.

Share your love for their support of local and state news. Get a tax deducation. Make your pledge to:

WUOM, Michigan Radio

WEMU, Eastern Michigan Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis