Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Three Years

January 18, 2012 is the three-year anniversary of my first blog post.
Although I don't think I paid attention to this factoid at the time, I started this blog two days before Barack Obama's 2009 inauguration.  It's a good thing that I don't have to run for re-election!

Where does the time go?

Have some virtual cake with me!



If you like this blog, consider subscribing via RSS feed (link on the right). 
You could also follow my twitter feed (you will find me @schoolsmuse)
You could also share individual posts with friends.

And if you want to be a guest blogger, I'm open to the possibility.

Anyway--

I've been thinking about the people I'm proud of (besides, obviously, my family).

I wrote about a few of them the other day. I'm proud of the teachers who are plaintiffs in the ACLU suit about domestic partner benefits.
And I'm also proud of the Wisconsin activists who have collected about 1,000,000 signatures in the Recall Scott Walker campaign--and I'm proud of all the people who signed the petitions.

And then it occurred to me that if they were willing to put their names out there, maybe I should be willing to put my name out here--something I wasn't willing to do when I started.

So, I asked my family, and they had some funny things to say about the idea, which basically referenced the ways in which this blog is a blockbuster. . . a bestseller. . .  a breakout success. In other words. . . would anyone who didn't already know even notice? Put differently, they thought it was fine.

So--it's a little bit anti-climactic, but I'm Ruth Kraut, and I approved this message.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis