Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Anonymity: Request

Dear Anonymous Commenters:
I've been allowing anonymous comments on this blog because I believe that people sometimes have good reasons for remaining anonymous, and right now, as long as everyone is respectful, it is okay with me if people don't sign in.
However.
If you find yourself becoming a regular commenter.
If you comment more than once on the same post.
Please.
Find a way to identify yourself.
If there are three "anonymous" comments on a post, I would like to know if they were all three from the same anonymous person, or if they represent three different points of view. I think it would enrich the discussion.
So--at the end of your comment you could sign it Anon123, or you could say at the beginning of your comment, "In my previous comment where I said x." Or you could take the time to set up a Google ID or Open ID.
Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I claim "YpsiAnon." It works for me, and I don't think anyone else has used it yet. And we already know about my technological challenges with regard to setting up a Google ID.

    By the way, Ruth, you have sure been writing some good stuff lately. Wish I had more time to give thoughtful input!

    - YpsiAnon

    ReplyDelete

AddThis