Public Hearing on whether to move the AAPS school elections from May to November.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. at the Ann Arbor District Library, 4th Floor, 343 S. Fifth Ave., Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
I am opposed to this move. It seems like it will save a relatively small amount of money, that school board candidates will get ignored (thanks to more prominent races) on even-year elections, and yet it may cost school board candidates more to run a campaign in order to get noticed.
Ann Arbor Budget Meetings
Meetings begin at 6:30 p.m. and will be at the following dates and locations:
- Thursday, Jan. 7 at Huron High School, 2727 Fuller Road.
- Tuesday, Jan. 12 at Skyline High School, 2552 N. Maple Road.
- Thursday, Jan. 14 at Scarlett Middle School, 3300 Lorraine.
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 at Pioneer High School, 601 W. Stadium Blvd.
UPDATE: Saline Schools are putting together 3 committees related to budget issues--
If you are interested, then you can download the application here.
- Building/Grade Reconfiguration Committee
- Pay to Play Review Committee
- Activity Fee Review Committee
Kudos to Saline for doing this. I hope Ann Arbor (and other school districts) will follow suit. That would definitely increase transparency and participation.