1. College and Career Fair, Thursday April 2, 2009, 6-8 p.m. at Pioneer High School. There are mostly small colleges, but also key larger state universities (i.e. MSU, U of M, EMU, WMU, MTU--yes, that's Michigan Tech). If you have a student ready to venture off into the larger world, this could be worth your time.
2. Willow Run Summit, Thursday, March 26, 2009, 6:30-8:30 at the Willow Run Secondary Complex (Middle School Auditorium). State and local educators will be present and the letter (downloadable from the web site) says that the deficit will be discussed, but other things will be discussed as well. Side note: Willow Run's deficit reduction plan has not been approved yet. But if you would like to see the company that Willow Run is keeping (vis-a-vis deficit reduction plans), here is the link.
3. Ypsilanti is searching for a superintendent. If you missed the community meetings but have something to say, you can fill out the input form and fax it before the end of the week (scroll down to the bottom to click on the link for the input form).
4. The Ypsilanti school district web site says that Michael Flanagan, Michigan Superintendent of Instruction, will be visiting the district on April 21, 2009--that is all I know so far.
5. Tech Tips for Parenting in the Digital Age, Thursday, May 6th, 7-8:30 p.m., sponsored by Washtenaw Area Council for Children. Details found here.
6. This Saturday: Washtenaw Children's Dental Clinic is offering $5 visits. Your child(ren) must qualify for free/reduced price lunch. Here is more information. (See also my earlier post about getting full medical coverage for kids.
7. Oh, and one last thing--on the blog roll I have posted a link to a blog that collects autism research. I thought some of you might be interested.